Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

A few years back, I was talking my son's history teacher about the signers of the Declaration of Independence were traitors to their country. Oh my goodness, she never really thought too deeply the full impact of our Founding Fathers were signing. She was letting me have it with both barrels, the signers were not traitors to our country. She was having none of my malarkey. When I pointed out they were British subjects at the time of the signing which meant they were traitors to England. They all knew they were signing their own death warrant. The 56 signers were now on England's most wanted list. This important piece of paper is the birth of United States of America.

Hat tip to Fuzzy's Dad to the link Angelfire's website The Fate of the Signers of the Declaration.

2 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy 4th of July Sonia. They'll let anyone teach nowadays.

Supi said...

You should have seen 2 of my odd duck history teachers in school: Creepy and icky. lol.