Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow and base shopping...

Yesterday was the first day we could drive around without looking like we are on a theme park bumper car ride. The roads were wet and some spots still had ice or snow patches. When we drove on base it was like another world. The roads were dried off.  It was like God doesn't allow snow to fall on the military base roads. A pretty good compliment to the work crew, I dare say.  The commissary parking lot still had some snow. I don't think I have ever seen so many cars parked in this commissary parking lot before. We had to circling around a few times to find a spot to park which is really unheard of here. This isn't McChord, Ft. Lewis, Randolph, Travis or Ft. Sam Houston. We felt like we were at the big bases for a change. We had to wait in line to check out. Most of the customers had fun reminiscing about other bases they were stationed.  Someone in line mentioned all the stores in town were crowded too so they thought shopping here would be less crowded.

I saw Sticks, our local super Green Bay Packers fan shopping. Yes, he was wearing his Green Bay Packers coat. I didn't tell him my son was going to a Superbowl Steelers fan party.

7 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Give em hell Supi !

Supi said...

Hell yeah..

Amusing Bunni said...

I wish I could get out, it snowed 2 more inches here today, yuck! Maybe tomorrow, I'm tired of this. Glad you have a car & got out, Supi.

Supi said...

@Bunni - It started to snow again here. I'll let you know tomorrow how much we snow ended up with.

stopsign said...

Tell your son I was pulling for the Steelers too. To bad they didn't win.

Supi said...

@Stopsign - The second half of the game the snow storm messed up our reception to watching the game.

Supi said...

@Deano - I believe it.