Thursday, June 10, 2010

The New Furniture Arrived!


Half of it. Eight very long weeks for the two chairs and ottoman to arrived. The couch will arrived after the 4th of July.

We put the old couch and love seat out on the front lawn with sign that said, "Free". The first speeding pick up truck that drove by, he slammed on his brakes and backed up to the freebies. My husband helped the man load the freebies into his truck bed. All it took was 10 seconds for used furniture to be claimed. Husband is going to be in pain tonight.

My husband kept getting side tracked while we were preparing the room for the new furniture. He is really excited to get his new "old geezer" chair. He is on the floor scraping off tar that collected on our shoes from the roofers. Some times he just can't get back up again. His muscles have a mind of their own. It makes me nervous that he won't be able to get back up. He knows I whacked out my back from lifting my mom and wheelchair.

Rifle art is controversial. Collectors say shame. Husbands that want another toy - Dear, it is piece of art too.

4 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I'll have to get you to paint my new rifle stock.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I need an Arizona theme. That's where it was made.

Supi said...

Saguaro cactus in sunset

Amusing Bunni said...

Cool, I never saw rifle art.
That doggie looks so cute up there!
Congrats on the new furniture, Supi.