Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Day in Packaging Paintings to be Mailed.


The painting is going in the folded up box. I first unfold the box and tape the bottom up. I prefer to use a box in good condition to travel across the United States

I like to use Dow Styrofoam insulation boards from Lowes to sandwich the painting in the box. The insulation board is cut into two 18"x24" size boards to put in this shipping box. The Styrofoam board is lightweight which is very important to keep the cost rate down. I put bubble wrap between the painting and the Styrofoam.



I am using freezer paper to put over the painting. It has a waxed side. It is to prevent the painting being rubbed while traveling in the box. At this time, I do not know if this package is going by USPS Priority, USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground. I pack my paintings as if they are going ground.








A small glimpse in the odd world of an artist.

4 comments:

Keads said...

Do you have a Web site so I can see your work or are you on Ebay?

Supi said...

I am on eBay under supiart7545. Here is the link to current eBay listings: http://shop.ebay.com/supiart7545/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

My Website which I will be discontinuing this month is: http://www.artbysoniaphillips.com/index.html

At my website, if you look at Evening Stroll and Guadalupe River are the type of paintings I make and sell the most to Expatriated Texans living in other states. Evening Stroll is based on Cross Plains Texas.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Way to go girl ... I know I always take a deep breath when I ship my stuff. You look like you have it under control.

Amusing Bunni said...

You are very thorough and I bet your masterpieces can withstand all the incompetence of the us postal service even!