Saturday, May 1, 2010

Abilene Fallen Hero Honored at the Air Show today.

From: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=243575

For Abilene Police Officer Clayton Daniels, the sudden death of Rodney Holder took not only a fellow colleague but also a close personal friend.

"He always had a smile on his face and we're going to miss that," said Daniels.

Today, Daniels arrived at the Dyess Air Show with his family to see the planes fly and to watch his friend's name soar in the sky. The Thunderbirds have placed a message reading "In Memory of Officer Rodney Holder" on one of their planes a message that honors a man who dedicated his life to protecting the public.

"I actually worked with him when I first started so he and I have been real close friends over the years," said Daniels.

Daniels' 17-years-old daughter Kelsey, says that when she heard an Abilene Police officer had been killed in an accident, she immediately worried about her father.

"I thought it was really sad and I was just thinking that it could've happened to my dad and I don't know what I would do, I feel really bad for his family," said Kelsey.

Relieved her father was safe, Kelsey then made sure she supported him and the other members of the Abilene Police Department.

"I talked to him too to help him feel better, because I understand that it's hard when you lose somebody," said Kelsey.

The loss of Officer Rodney Holder has not only left the police force down one honorable patrol man, but the rest of the Abilene community is grieving as well.

"We definitely are in mourning, but he's definitely in a better place now and walking the streets in heaven and protecting him from above," added Daniels.

No comments: